David P. Bobzien, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Land use, land acquisition, land development, condemnation, zoning, property maintenance code, building code, fire code, noise ordinances, storm water ordinances, deeds, easements, transactions, site plans, subdivision plans, infill lot grading plans, bond packages, bond defaults, local government, complex real estate transactions, real estate based public/private partnerships, utility rate regulation, consumer protection issues, construction, public transportation, contracts, environmental issues, election law, employment, personal injury, civil rights, workers’ compensation, professional liability, trusts & estates, and taxation.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• County Attorney, Fairfax County, Virginia, 1993-2016.
• Former Assistant Counsel, Office of Professional Responsibility, United States Department of Justice.
• Former Associate, Fitzgerald and Smith, Fairfax.
• Former Captain, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, United States Army.
• Served as the 66th President of the Virginia State Bar, 2004-2005.
• Past President, Local Government Attorneys of Virginia.
• Virginia State Bar Delegate, House of Delegates, American Bar Association.
• Former Member, Fairfax County Planning Commission.
• Former Chairman, Fairfax County Goals Advisory Commission.
• Past Chair, Local Government Law Section of the Virginia State Bar.
• Past President and Board Member Emeritus, Lawyers Helping Lawyers.
• Past President, Fairfax Law Foundation.
• Past President, Virginia Law Foundation.
• Chairman, Virginia CLE Committee of the Virginia Law Foundation.
• Board Member, Virginia Law Foundation and Fairfax Law Foundation.
• Fellow, Fairfax Law Foundation and Virginia Law Foundation.
• Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation.
• University of Virginia, J.D.
• George Washington University, LL.M. in Taxation
• Holy Cross College, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information