Hon. Burke F. McCahill (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Family law, personal injury, medical malpractice, employment, condemnation, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, business dissolution, professional liability, product liability, real estate, and trusts & estates.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Judge, 20th Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia (Loudoun, Fauquier, Rappahannock counties), 2000-2016. Chief Judge, 2006-2007; 2013-2015.
• Judge, 20th Judicial District of Virginia, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, 1998-2000.
• Special Justice and Substitute Judge, 20th Judicial District, 1986-1992.
• Private practice of law, Leesburg and Alexandria, VA, 1976-1998.
• Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
• Former Chair, Family Law Section, Virginia State Bar.
• Former Member, George Mason Inn of Court.
• Selected by the Supreme Court of Virginia to serve as a Mentor Judge for Virginia Circuit Court Judges.
• Former Member, Task Force on Judicial Functions, Commission on Virginia Courts in the 21st Century.
• Former Member: Virginia Bar Association, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Virginia Bar Council, 10th District Grievance Committee, Judicial Conduct Committee, Loudoun County Bar Association; Board of Directors, Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
• Former Faculty, Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course, Virginia State Bar.
• Frequent Lecturer at Mandatory Judicial Conference and Continuing Legal Education programs.
• Listed as a “Top Lawyer” for Mediation in Washington DC, Washingtonian, 2017, 2018.
• University of Richmond, J.D.
Notes and Comments Editor for the Law Review; Member, McNeill Honor Society
• College of William and Mary, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information