Hon. James C. Hawks (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, family law, construction, contracts, business dissolution, condemnation, real estate, FELA and the Jones Act.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, Circuit Court of the 3rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia, 2006-2016. Chief Judge, 2010-2012.
- Private Practice of law, City of Portsmouth, 1973-2006. General practice including personal injury, family law, real estate, corporate shareholder disputes and dissolutions, and criminal defense.
- Served two terms (eight years) on the Portsmouth City Council.
- Served in the United States Coast Guard Reserve.
- Served as an Apprentice Ship Pilot, Virginia Pilot Association.
- Former Member, Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association.
- Former Member, Commission appointed to resolve the boundary dispute between Portsmouth and Chesapeake.
- Former Member, Municipal Finance Commission.
- Former Board Member, Hampton Roads Regional Jail Authority.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, London House.
- Former Member, Portsmouth Kiwanis Club.
- T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information