Hon. Richard D. Taylor, Jr. (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, business dissolution, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, domestic relations, employment, employment discrimination, and governmental issues.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, Circuit Court of the City of Richmond, 2002-2014; Chief Judge, 2010-2012.
- Judge, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of the City of Richmond, 1993-2002; Chief Judge, 1999-2001.
- Presiding Judge, Richmond Metropolitan Multi-Jurisdictional Grand Jury, 2005-2010.
- Former Deputy Counsel/Special Assistant for Policy, Office of the Governor L. Douglas Wilder, Commonwealth of Virginia. Served as in-house counsel to the Governor.
- Former Associate Attorney, Hill, Tucker & Marsh, Richmond.
- Former Member, National Association of Family and Juvenile Court Judges.
- Past Chair, Education Committee of the Judicial Conference of Virginia; Past Member, Judicial Administration Committee of the Judicial Conference of Virginia.
- Former Faculty, Professionalism Course, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Family Law Section, Virginia State Bar.
- Member, Virginia State Bar; Bar Association of the City of Richmond; Old Dominion Bar Association.
- Former Member, Domestic Relations Section, Virginia Bar Association.
- Yale Divinity School, M. Div.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information