Hon. Sally D. Adkins (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, premises liability, products liability, business dissolution; family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation and equitable distribution; trusts & estates, real property, civil rights, consumer, contracts, defamation, disability, employment, environmental, financial, governmental, insurance coverage and professional liability.
- Judge, Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2008-2018.
- Judge, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 1998-2008.
- Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Wicomico County, 1st Judicial Circuit, 1996-1998.
- Former Partner, Adkins & Allen, LLP.
- Former Partner and Associate, Adkins, Potts & Smethurst.
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation.
- Past President, Wicomico County Bar Association.
- Past President, Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Eastern Shore Chapter.
- Former Member, Maryland Judicial Conference, Civil Law and Procedure Committee.
- Past Chair, Advisory Committee to Explore the Feasibility of Maryland’s Adoption of the Uniform Bar Examination.
- Past Chair, Commission on Judicial Disabilities.
- Former Member, Judges, Masters and Juvenile Justice Committee.
- Former Member, Trial Court Judicial Nominating Commission, 1st Judicial Circuit.
- Former Member, Ethics Commission, Wicomico County.
- Former Member, Attorney General’s Advisory Council, Family Court Committee.
- Recipient, The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, The Mary Ellen Barbera ’84 Judicial Excellence Award, 2022.
- Co-Recipient, Rita C. Davidson Award, Women’s Bar Association of Maryland.
- Recipient, Dorothy Beatty Memorial Award, Women’s Law Center of Maryland.
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association. Former Member, Committee on Judicial Personnel Issues; Committee on Laws.
- Former Member, Committee for Dean Search, University of Maryland, Carey School of Law.
- University of Maryland, Carey School of Law, J.D. (with honors), Member of Law Review
- Lawrence University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information