Hon. Teena D. Grodner (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Family Law matters including but not limited to equitable distribution, child custody, visitation, spousal support, and child support.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, 1998-2016. Chief Judge, 2006-2008.
- Private practice focused on family law, 1979-1998. Last at Law Offices of Teena D. Grodner, P.C, Fairfax.
- Former Commissioner in Chancery, Fairfax County Circuit Court, and Former Commissioner in Chancery, Alexandria Circuit Court.
- Former Neutral Case Evaluator and Motions Conciliator, Fairfax County Circuit Court
- Former Adjunct Professor of Family Law, Washington College of Law, American University.
- Frequent speaker at Continuing Legal Education and Judicial Education Programs on family law issues.
- Former Member, Executive Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia for District Courts
- Past President and Member, Virginia Council of Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Judges.
- Past President, Emeritus Member, and Former Master, George Mason American Inn of Court.
- Former Member, Work Group, Virginia State Senate Joint Resolution Study on Custody and Visitation. Work Group revised custody and visitation provisions of the Code of Virginia
- Former Member, Virginia Senate Bill 236 Advisory Team on Court referral methods for family abuse offenders.
- Former Member, Protective Order Task Force, Virginia House Joint Resolution Study on procedures involving protective orders.
- Selected as one of Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Influential Women of Virginia,” 2012.
- Recipient, Hon. Arnold B. Kassabian Award, Fairfax Bar Association, 2016.
- Recipient, President’s Award for Outstanding Service, Fairfax Bar Association, 2002.
- Listed in “Top 40 Divorce Lawyers in the Washington Metropolitan Area,” Washingtonian magazine, 1995.
- Washington College of Law, American University, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Honor Society.
- University of Illinois, B.S., Psychology, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information