Hon. Walter S. Felton, Jr. (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Domestic relations, governmental relations, administrative law, contracts, environmental, and professional liability.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Chief Judge, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2006-2014.
• Judge, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2002-2006.
• Former Director of Policy and Counsel to the Governor of Virginia.
• Former Senior Counsel to the Attorney General of Virginia.
• Former Deputy Attorney General of Virginia, Intergovernmental Affairs Division.
• Former Administrator of the Commonwealth’s Attorneys Training Council.
• Former Professor of Law, William & Mary Law School. Served as Legislative Counsel for the College.
• Former attorney in private practice, Suffolk.
• Served as Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps.
• Recipient, Harry L. Carrico Outstanding Career Service Award, Judicial Council of Virginia, 2014.
• Member, Boyd-Graves Conference of the Virginia Bar Association.
• Former Member, Board of Governors of the Education of Lawyers Section of the Virginia State Bar. Former faculty member of the Professionalism Course of the Virginia State Bar.
• Former Member, Council of Chief Judges of the State Courts of Appeals of the United States.
• Past memberships include the Judicial Council of Virginia, the Executive Committee of the Judicial Conference of Virginia, and the State/Federal Judicial Conference.
• University of Richmond, J.D., Articles Editor of the Law Review and Chancellor of the McNeil Law Society.
• University of Richmond, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Kappa.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information