Hon. Michael P. McWeeny (Ret.) Joins The McCammon Group
For Immediate Release
January 15, 2010
For more information contact:
Direct Dial: (804) 433-2242
The Honorable Michael P. McWeeny, retired Judge of the Nineteenth Circuit Court in Fairfax, has joined The McCammon Group (TMG), a leading provider of mediation and arbitration services in the mid-Atlantic.
Judge McWeeny served over twenty-four years on the bench in the Fairfax Circuit Court, as well as the Fairfax General District Court, until his retirement in December 2009. He served as Chief Judge of the Fairfax Circuit Court from July 2001 until June 2007. His time on the bench was preceded by an accomplished civil trial practice representing both plaintiffs and defendants throughout Northern Virginia.
He is a Former Member and Founding Director of the McLean Bar Association, and currently serves as a Member of the Boyd-Graves Conference. He is also a Member of the Fairfax Bar Association, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, and the Virginia Bar Association.
Judge McWeeny joins the other TMG professionals located in Northern Virginia:
- Hon. F. Bruce Bach (Ret.) – Fairfax
- Geoff A. Drucker, Esq. – Arlington
- Frances Fite, Esq. – Vienna
- Hon. Johanna L. Fitzpatrick (Ret.) – Alexandria
- Robert T. Hall, Esq. – Reston
- Grayson P. Hanes, Esq. – Falls Church
- Susan Massie Hicks – Fairfax
- John A.C. Keith, Esq. – Fairfax
- Hon. Donald H. Kent (Ret.) – Alexandria
- Hon. William H. Ledbetter, Jr. (Ret.) – Fredericksburg
- Robert T. Mitchell, Esq. – Winchester
- Russell H. Roberts, Esq. – Fredericksburg
- Hon. Paul F. Sheridan (Ret.) – Arlington
- Hon. Alfred D. Swersky (Ret.) – Alexandria
- Bruce E. Titus, Esq. – Vienna
- Hon. Arthur B. Vieregg (Ret.) – Fairfax
- Hon. Robert W. Wooldridge, Jr. (Ret.) – Fairfax
- Hon. Wiley R. Wright, Jr. (Ret.) – Alexandria
The McCammon Group provides alternative dispute resolution services (ADR) including mediation, arbitration, neutral evaluation, special master, private judging, as well as related facilitation, training, and consulting services. It consists of seventy-two professionals including retired judges and practicing attorneys located throughout Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Maryland. Since its founding in 1995, The McCammon Group has handled more than 11,000 disputes, with a mediation settlement rate of approximately 85%. The McCammon Group is committed to the proposition that ADR processes provide individuals, as well as public and private entities, with many substantial benefits including effective and prompt resolution of disputes, self determination, cost savings, timeliness, flexibility, and confidentiality.
For more information, please visit www.mccammongroup.com.