Hon. Thomas S. Shadrick (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, contracts, general commercial matters, construction, condemnation, family, employment, real estate, and trusts & estates.
- Judge, 2nd Circuit Court, Virginia Beach, 1989-1997; Chief Judge, 1997-2008.
- Former Managing Partner, Pender & Coward.
- Former Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Past President, Virginia Beach Bar Association.
- Current Member, Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee of the Judicial Inquiry and
- Former Current Member, Executive Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia.
- Former Member, Second District Ethics Committee, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Faculty, Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course.
- Former Director, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Hampton Roads.
- Founder and Mentor, Seatack Elementary School Mentoring Program.
- Former Director, Norfolk Forum.
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in Alternative Dispute Resolution by Super Lawyers magazine, 2014.
- Listed as “Legal Elite” in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Virginia Business, 2010-2013, 2017.
- Recipient of numerous awards including: 2008 Recipient of the Harry L. Carrico Outstanding Career Service Award; Human Rights Award from the Virginia Beach Human Rights Commission (2001); Governor’s Award for Outstanding Civic Engagement (2004); Community Service Award from the Virginia Beach Bar Association (2005).
- College of William & Mary, J.D.
- Mount Union College, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information