Alexia Morrison, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Securities, employment, corporate disputes, contracts, professional liability, accounting, bankruptcy, government issues, environmental, construction, and personal injury.
- Chief Litigation Counsel, Securities and Exchange Commission, 1981-1985.
- Partner, Swidler & Berlin, 1985-1998. Practice included defense of SEC enforcement matters, representation of plaintiffs and defendants in private securities litigation and employment matters, and other civil and white-collar litigation.
- Independent Counsel, 1986-1988.
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Columbia, 1973-1981.
- Adjunct faculty, University of Virginia Law School (since 1989); George Washington University Law School (LLM program, 1999).
- Chair, Board of Directors, The Children’s Law Center, 1999-2003.
- Past President: George Washington Alumni Association; Assistant U.S. Attorneys Association for the District of Columbia.
- Past Chair or Vice Chair: Steering Committee, Litigation Division, DC Bar; Long Range Planning Committee, DC Bar.
- Past Awards: Distinguished Executive, Presidential Rank Award; Charles A. Horsky Award for Outstanding Lawyering, Brennan Center for Justice, New York University School of Law; Distinguished Achievement Award, George Washington University Law Alumni Association; Director’s Award, United States Department of Justice.
- Trustee, George Washington University (1999-2005).
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- Douglass College, Rutgers University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information