Barbara L. Hulburt, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Mediation of cases involving employment, family, personal injury, medical malpractice, and contract disputes; alternative dispute resolution (ADR) training, and design of ADR systems for public and private sectors, including state employee mediation program.
Facilitation of public policy disputes; training and consulting in management and employment issues.
- First Director, Department of Dispute Resolution Services, Office of the Executive Secretary, Supreme Court of Virginia (1991-1996).
- Deputy Director, Virginia Department of Employee Relations Counselors (1989-1991).
- Regional Vice President, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (1996-1998).
- Gubernatorial Appointment, Interagency Dispute Resolution Advisory Council (2006).
- Adjunct Professor, University of Virginia School of Law.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Chair, Virginia State Bar/Virginia Bar Association Joint Committee on Dispute Resolution (1998-2000).
- Recipient of Outstanding Leadership in ADR Award (2001); Women of Achievement Award (1998); Outstanding Achievement in ADR Education/Training (1997).
- Member, Section on Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association.
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Faculty Member, National Judicial College (1993-1994).
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Swarthmore College, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information