Daniel E. Toomey, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Construction, Surety, Government Contracts, General Commercial Matters, Real Estate, Professional Liability, Employment, and Family Law.
• Of Counsel, McManus & Felsen, LLP, Washington, DC.
• Former Partner, Duane Morris LLP, Washington, DC.
• Mediation Panelist, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
• Former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia.
• Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (2000).
• Past Chair, American Bar Association, Forum on Construction, Division 7.
• Past President, U.S. Attorneys Association for the District of Columbia.
• Founder and Team Leader, Georgetown/NITA Basic Trial Advocacy Program (1978-2003) and Current Co-Director, NITA Advanced Trial Advocacy Program, Washington, DC.
• Former Adjunct Professor of Construction Law and Criminal Trial Practice Law at Georgetown Law Center, 1980-2000 (Recipient, Paul R. Dean Award, Georgetown Law Center, for service to Georgetown).
• Listed 2009- present, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in its listing of leading construction lawyers in the District of Columbia.
• Listed, Super Lawyers Magazine, Construction Litigation in Virginia and District of Columbia editions; Corporate Counsel edition
• Listed, Best Lawyers in America and Martindale & Hubbell, AV rated.
• Admissions: District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- St. Peter’s College, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information