Geetha Ravindra, Esq.
Areas of Experience
30 years of experience offering ADR services including mediation, Ombuds services, conflict resolution training, and large group facilitation in employment matters for state and federal agencies as well as international organizations. Expertise in design and implementation of informal resources such as Ombuds services, Mediation programs, and Peers for a Respectful Workplace initiatives for organizations. Experience mediating custody and visitation matters for the Richmond JDR District Court. Strong cultural competence in working with parties from around the world. Fluent in Kannada (South Indian dialect).
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- International Ombuds Association Certified Organizational Ombuds (CO-OP®).
- Vice President of Ombuds Services, The McCammon Group, 2022-present.
- Director of Workplace Relations, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2019-2022.
- Attorney Advisor, FEMA ADR Division, 2018-2019.
- Ombuds, Center for Global Development, 2018-2019.
- Ombuds, International Monetary Fund, 2016-2017.
- Mediator, International Monetary Fund, 2012-2018.
- Mediator, World Bank Group, 2009-2012.
- Owner, Geetha Ravindra Dispute Resolution Services, 2007-2012.
- Provided Mediation Training to members of Judiciary and Bar in India – 2002-2008.
- Director, Department of Dispute Resolution Services, Supreme Court of Virginia, 1996-2007.
- Manager, Dalkon Shield Arbitration Program, Private Adjudication Center – 1992-1996.
- Mediator, Richmond Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, 1997-2012.
- Past Chair, Section of Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association.
- Coordinated ABA Asia Pacific International Mediation Summit – 2015.
- Past Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, VSB-VBA.
- Past President, Virginia Mediation Network.
- Recipient of the VMN 2013 Distinguished Mediator Award.
- Former Instructor, Mediation, University of Richmond School of Law; College of William and Mary School of Law.
- ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) – Certificate, Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance, George Mason University, 2016.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, B.A.
Presentations and Publications
- Ellis, R., Ravindra, G., Vidmar, N. and Davis, T. “The Reversal Arbitration Board: An ADR Model for Intra-Corporate Dispute Resolution,” 94 J. Disp. Resol. 93 (1994).
- “Presenting Dispute Resolution Training to Judges – A Guide Developing Judicial Training on Alternative Dispute Resolution” – State Justice Institute Grant, 1997.
- “Appropriate Timing of Case Referrals to Mediation” – State Justice Institute Grant, 2000.
- “Model Parent Education Curriculum” – House Document No. 26 – 2000.
- “Evaluation of Parent Education Programs” – House Report Document No. 27 – 2003.
- “Child Dependency Mediation Study”, Office of the Executive Secretary, November 2002.
- “Virginia’s Judicial Settlement Conference Program” – Justice System Journal, Volume 26, Number 3, 2005.
- “Institutionalizing Mediation” – ABA Dispute Resolution Journal, Summer Issue 2008.
- “Is Mediation a Profession?” – ABA Dispute Resolution Journal, Summer Issue 2009.
- Shaadi Remix, Transforming the Traditional Indian Marriage, 2012.
- “What I Wish I Had Known About Dispute Resolution” – ABA GP Solo, January/February 2015 Issue.
- “Alternative Paths to Careers in ADR” – ABA Dispute Resolution Magazine, Spring 2015.
- “The Wave of the Future” – ACResolution, Summer 2015.
- Mediation and Other Cultural Models of Conflict Resolution in India – Chapter Author, Lexington Publishing 2017.
- Evolution of a Field –Edited by Howard Gadlin and Nancy Welsh – Chapter Author, DRI Press, 2020.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information