Hon. B. Waugh Crigler (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Commercial, medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, condemnation, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, disability issues, employment, real estate, government issues, intellectual property.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- United States Magistrate Judge, Western District of Virginia, 1981-2013.
- Former Principal and Shareholder, Davies, Crigler, Barrell & Will, P.C., Culpeper.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Virginia School of Law, 1986- present.
- Fellow, Virginia Law Foundation.
- Recipient, Virginia State Bar Leadership in Education Award, 2015.
- Member, Litigation Section, Virginia State Bar Board of Governors.
- Vice Chair, Section on Education of Lawyers, Virginia State Bar.
- Founding Chair and Current Faculty Member, Professionalism for Law Students Program, Virginia State Bar.
- Faculty Member, Virginia State Bar Carrico Professionalism Course.
- Member, Commission on Professionalism, Virginia Bar Association.
- Judicial Member, Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association.
- Member Emeritus and Founding President, Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court.
- Former Member, United States Magistrate Judges Association Rules Committee.
- Former Member, American Bar Association.
- Former Member, DC Bar Association.
- Former Member, Tennessee Bar Association.
- Past President, Culpeper Bar Association.
- Listed as “Legal Elite” in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Virginia Business, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D.
- Washington & Lee University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information