Hon. Cheryl M. Long (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, family law, employment, medical malpractice, contracts, general commercial, real estate, product liability, professional liability, trusts and estates.
- Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1988-2009.
- Presiding Judge, Probate Division and Tax Division, 1996-2000.
- Deputy Presiding Judge, Probate Division and Tax Division, 1994-1995.
- Trial Judge: Civil I and Civil II; Domestic Relations I and Domestic Relations II.
- Chair, Probate Rules Committee.
- Chair, Tax Rules Committee.
- Director, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia.
- Trial Attorney, Enforcement Section, Division of Land and Natural Resources, United States Department of Justice.
- Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia – Civil Division, Superior Court Division, and United States District Court Division.
- Member Emerita, Board of Visitors, Georgetown University Law Center.
- Member, Dispute Resolution Section, American Bar Association.
- Fellow, American Bar Association Foundation.
- Member, Washington Bar Association.
- Member, District of Columbia Bar.
- Recipient, Georgetown University Law Center Paul R. Dean Award, 2009.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information