Hon. Daniel M. Long (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, family law, trusts & estates, construction, condemnation, zoning, contracts, corporate disputes, business dissolution, professional liability, employment, defamation, governmental issues, administrative law, product liability, environmental issues, and real estate.
• Judge, Circuit Court for Somerset County, 1990-2017. Circuit Administration Judge, 1996-2017; County Administrative Judge 1990-2017.
• Member, Maryland House of Delegates, District 38 (Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset), 1983-1990. Past Chair, House Judiciary Committee. Voted one of ten most effective members of the Maryland House of Delegates, 1989.
• Former Partner, Simpkins & Long, Princess Anne, MD.
• Former Attorney, Law Offices of Henry P. Walters, Pocomoke City, MD.
• Former Acting County Attorney, Somerset County Commissioners.
• Former Acting Attorney, Somerset County Liquor Control Board.
• Former Attorney for Worcester County Treasurer.
• Former Attorney, City of Pocomoke City, MD, Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
• Former specially assigned and alternate attorney for the Worcester County Commissioners, Somerset County and Worcester County Planning Commissions and Boards of Zoning Appeals, Town of Berlin Board of Zoning Appeals, and the Worcester County State’s Attorney’s Office.
• Recipient, Judge of the Year, Maryland State Bar Litigation Section, 2015.
• Recipient, Judge Anselm Sodaro Judicial Civility Award, Maryland State Bar Association, 2003.
• Member, Advisory Board, Maryland Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office, 2003-2012.
• Past President, Worcester County Bar Association.
• The University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
• Salisbury State College (now Salisbury University), B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information