Hon. Dennis J. Smith (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Domestic relations, medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, accounting, business dissolution, condemnation, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, employment, employment discrimination, professional liability, real estate, trusts and estates.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Chief Judge, 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, Fairfax County, 2007-2015.
- Judge, 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, Fairfax County, 1995-2007.
- Former Substitute Judge, General District and Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Courts.
- Former Commissioner in Chancery for the 19th Judicial Circuit.
- Former Principal, Shoun, Smith & Bach, P.C.
- Adjunct Faculty, Virginia Family Law, George Mason University School of Law.
- Member, Boyd-Graves Conference of the Virginia Bar Association.
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar.
- Former Circuit Court Representative, Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar.
- Former Chair, Judicial Education Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia.
- Former Chair, Advisory Committee on the Establishment of a Family Court in Virginia, Virginia Supreme Court.
- Member, Virginia Civil and Criminal Benchbook Committee.
- Member, Board of Directors and Past President, National Conference of Metropolitan Courts.
- Former Member and Chair of various committees, Fairfax Bar Association.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- Brooklyn College, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information