Hon. Jeri K. Somers (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Government contracts, employment, construction, general commercial, business dissolution, financial, defamation, civil rights, intellectual property, real property, and consumer.
• Chair (Chief Judge), United States Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, 2017-2021. Vice Chair, 2008-2017.
• Administrative Judge, United States Department of Transportation Board of Contract Appeals, 2003-2008.
• Judge Advocate General, United States Air Force, Lieutenant Colonel Retired, 1986-2007.
• Partner, The Potomac Law Group, LLP.
• Former Counsel, Miller & Chevalier Chartered.
• Former Assistant United States Attorney, Office of the United States Attorney, Eastern District, Virginia.
• Former Lead Trial Attorney, United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Commercial Litigation Branch.
• Former Member, Board of Governors; Member, Special Issues Committee, Virginia Bar Association.
• Fellow; Member, Public Contract Law Section, American Bar Association.
• Member, Federal Bar Association; National Bar Association; Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association; Asian America Pacific Bar Association.
• Member, Women’s Advisory Board, Girl Scout’s National Capital Region.
• Chair, Arlington Food Assistance Center.
• Past Chair, Professionalism Committee; Special Committee on Access to Legal Services, Virginia State Bar.
• Professional Lecturer in Law; Government Contracts Advisory Board, George Washington University of Law.
• Adjunct Professor, American University Washington College of Law.
• American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
• George Mason University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information