Hon. Randall D. Smith (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, business dissolution, civil rights, condemnation, construction, consumer, contracts, defamation, environmental, insurance coverage, local government, professional liability, real property, trusts & estates, and family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Chief Judge, 1st Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia, City of Chesapeake, 2014-2020. Judge, 2005-2020.
- Former Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Chesapeake.
- Former Partner, Bouchard & Smith.
- Former Local Counsel, Department of Transportation.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Commonwealth’s Attorneys Services Council.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Virginia Association of Commonwealth’s Attorneys.
- Former Member, National District Attorneys Association.
- Former Member, Chesapeake Community Justice Services Board.
- Former Chairman, Chesapeake Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Member, Chesapeake Bar Association.
- Member, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Deputy Sheriff, City of Chesapeake.
- Former Instructor, Chesapeake Police Academy.
- Campbell University, J.D.
- Old Dominion University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information