Hon. Thomas G. Ross (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, family law (including equitable distribution, child/spousal support, and custody/visitation), bankruptcy, business dissolution, condemnation, construction, contracts, defamation, employment, trusts and estates, government and administrative, insurance coverage, professional liability, real property, consumer.
• Chief Judge, Second Judicial Circuit of Maryland, 2016-2019. Administrative Judge, Second Judicial Circuit of Maryland, 2009-2017. County Administrative Judge, Queen Anne’s County, 2004-2019.
• Former Partner, Ross & Powell, Attorneys at Law; Queen Anne’s and Prince George’s County offices.
• Member, ADR Committee, Judicial Council of Maryland, 2015-2019; Chair, 2015-2017. Former Chair, Subcommittee on ADR Research & Grants, 2016-2019; Former Chair, ADR Committee’s Work Group on the Revision of the Standards of Conduct for Mediators in Maryland; Member, ADR Rules Subcommittee, 2019-present.
• Former Member, Conference of Circuit Court Judges, 2005-2017; Chair, 2012-2014.
• Recipient, Chief Judge Bell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Alternative Dispute Resolution in Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association, 2019.
• Recipient, Steven P. Lemmey Award for Advancement of Public Service Responsibility, Maryland Bar Foundation, 2019.
• Member, Maryland, District of Columbia and Florida Bar; Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Queen Anne’s County Bar Association; Former Member, Kent and Prince George’s County Bar Associations and District of Columbia Bar Association.
• Former Law Clerk, Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
• University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
• Florida State University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information