Hon. Colin R. Gibb (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, domestic relations, product liability, business dissolution, condemnation, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, local government issues, professional liability, real estate, trusts & estates.
- Certified Mediator, Circuit Court-Civil and Circuit Court- Family Law, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, Circuit Court of the 27th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, 1994-2015. Chief Judge, 1997-1999 and 2009-2011.
- Former President and Past Partner, Warren, Gibb & Scheid.
- Former Member, Executive Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia.
- Master Emeritus, Ted Dalton Inn of Court. Former Member of the Executive Committee.
- Former Member and Convener, Ethics Committee, 9th District (Eastern Section), Virginia State Bar.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, New River Valley Legal Aid.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Giles County United Way.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, First Virginia Bank Southwest. Former Member of the Bank’s Executive Committee.
- Past President of various civic and community organizations, including the Pearisburg Lions Club, Giles Soccer Association, Giles Country Club, Friends of Giles County, and New River Valley Tennis Association.
- Managing Editor, University of Richmond Law Review, 1974-1975.
- Captain, Men’s Tennis Team, University of Richmond, 1972.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D.
- University of Richmond, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information