Hon. Alexander Williams, Jr. (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, condemnation, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, disability issues, domestic relations, employment, employment discrimination, environmental, government issues, labor, professional liability, real estate, trust and estates, civil rights disputes, injunctive/equitable relief.
- Judge, United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1994-2014.
- Labor Relations Administrator, Montgomery County, 1/24/2017 to 1/18/2021.
- Of Counsel, Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin and White, P.A., Baltimore, MD, 2015-Present.
- Former State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Former Staff Attorney, Office of Public Defender for Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Former Hearing Examiner and Special Counsel to the Board of Education for Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Former Substitute Juvenile Master for Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Former Municipal Attorney, Towns of Fairmount Heights and Glenarden, Maryland.
- Private Law Practice, Maryland and Washington, DC, 1974-1986.
- Former Law Clerk to the Honorable James H. Taylor, Associate Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Maryland.
- Adjunct Professor, Howard University School of Law. Past Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor, Howard University School of Law.
- Former Member, Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Practice, Maryland Court of Appeals.
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, DC Bar Association, Prince George’s County Bar Association.
- Past Vice President, Maryland State’s Attorney’s Association.
- Founder, Past President, and Member, J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association, Inc.
- Recipient, Distinguished Service and Legal Excellence Award, J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association, Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Recipient, James H. Taylor Award, Prince George’s County Bar Association.
- Recipient, Distinguished Service Award, Board of Trustees, Howard University.
- Howard University, J.D., cum laude; M.A. and B.A.
- Temple University, M.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information