Hon. Alfred D. Swersky (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, family, professional liability, contracts, real estate, defamation, corporate disputes, employment, disability issues, government issues, and trusts and estates.
- Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit Court of Alexandria, 1985-2003.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Private Practice of Law, Alexandria, 1971-1985
- Former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Alexandria, 1969-1970.
- Former Assistant United States Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia, Norfolk, and Alexandria, 1966-1969.
- Former Adjunct Professor, George Mason University School of Law and Northern Virginia Community College.
- Former Adjunct Professor, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America.
- Former President, Alexandria Bar Association.
- Former Member, State Bar Council, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Faculty, National Trial Advocacy College.
- Former Member, Virginia Criminal and Civil Benchbook Committee.
- Former Member, Virginia State Bar Professionalism Faculty.
- Lecturer, Virginia CLE.
- Former Chairman, Electoral Board, City of Alexandria.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William & Mary, BCL.
- Old Dominion University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information