Hon. Charles E. Poston (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, product liability, business dissolution, condemnation, copyright/trademark, construction, consumer disputes, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, disability issues, employment, environmental, government issues, sports & entertainment, intellectual property, professional liability, real estate, real property, trusts & estates, administrative law, and family law including child & spousal support, custody & visitation and equitable distribution.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, 4th Judicial Circuit Court, Norfolk, 1994-2014; Chief Judge, 1998-2001.
- Former Judge and Chief Judge, Norfolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
- Former attorney in general practice in the Hampton Roads area.
- Member, Board of Visitors, College of William and Mary.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary.
- Retired Lieutenant-Colonel, Infantry, United States Army Reserve. Recipient of Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal, and Army Commendation Medal.
- Fellow, Virginia Law Foundation.
- Former Member, Boyd-Graves Conference.
- Past Faculty Member, Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course.
- Past Chairman, Judicial Administration Committee, Judicial Council of Virginia.
- Former Member, Committee on Commissioners of Accounts, Judicial Council of Virginia.
- Past Chairman, Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee.
- Judicial Member: Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association, Virginia State Bar, Virginia Bar Association, American Bar Association, and National Conference of State Trial Courts.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary, J.D.
- University of Virginia, M.A.
- University of Richmond, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information