Hon. Craig D. Johnston (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Family law, personal injury, medical malpractice, real estate, contracts, condemnation, business dissolution, corporate issues, employment, trusts and estates, landlord-tenant, employment, professional liability.
• Judge, 31st Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia, 2009-2018. Chief Judge, 2014-2016.
• Judge, 31st Judicial District Court of Virginia, 2004-2009. Chief Judge, 2007-2009.
• Private Practice, Manassas, 1974-2004.
• Past President, Prince William County Bar Association.
• Former Virginia State Bar Council Representative for Prince William County, 1998-2004.
• Appointed by the Supreme Court of Virginia to the Rules of Court Advisory Committee, and served prior to this on the District Court Forms Committee and the new District Court Judges’ orientation school faculty.
• Author, “Trial Handbook for Virginia Lawyers,” Thomson Reuters (formerly West) Practice Series.
• Commended in 2018 for serving as a Judge with fairness and wisdom by the Virginia General Assembly in Joint Resolution No. 103, as an expression of the General Assembly’s admiration for outstanding service to Prince William County and the Commonwealth.
• Veteran who served as an Infantry Officer in Vietnam
• University of Virginia, J.D.
• Dickinson College, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information