Hon. Elizabeth A. McClanahan (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, products liability; family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation and equitable distribution; bankruptcy, business dissolution, condemnation, construction, consumer, contracts, defamation, employment, environmental, governmental, insurance coverage, professional liability, real property, and trusts & estates.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• President and Dean, Appalachian School of Law, 2019-present.
• Justice, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2011-2019
• Judge, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2003-2011.
• Former Chief Deputy Attorney General, Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Former Director, Penn Stuart & Eskridge.
• Former Member, Board of Trustees, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
• Adjunct Professor, Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech.
• Trustee Emeritus, Energy Mineral Law Foundation.
• Former Vice-Rector, College of William and Mary.
• Member, Board of Directors, Via College of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Former Member, Governor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Higher Education.
• Member, Board of Trustees, Virginia Museum of History & Culture.
• Former Member, Board of Directors, Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center.
• Former President, Board of Trustees, Virginia 4-H Foundation.
• Selected as “Influential Women of Virginia,” Virginia Lawyers Media, 2011.
• Recipient, David M. Young Award, Virginia Oil & Gas Association.
• Recipient, Heritage Award, Radford University.
• University of Dayton School of Law, J.D.
• College of William and Mary, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information