Hon. James S. Yoffy (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, business dissolution, civil rights, condemnation, construction, contracts, defamation, financial, insurance coverage, local government, professional liability, real property, trusts & estates, and family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Chief Judge, 14th Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia, Henrico, 2016-2021. Judge, 2011-2016.
• Judge, 14th General District Court of Virginia, Henrico, 2005-2011.
• Former Partner, Brenner, Dohnal, Evans & Yoffy, P.C.
• Former Partner, Bremner, Baber & Janus.
• Former Deputy Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Richmond.
• Former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Richmond.
• Former President, Richmond Criminal Bar Association.
• Former Member, Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission.
• Former Member, Circuit Court Forms Committee.
• Former Chair, Board of Governors, Criminal Law Section, Virginia State Bar.
• Former Member, Special Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law and Legal Ethics Opinion.
• Lecturer to Richmond Bureau of Police.
• Current or Former Member, Virginia State Bar; Richmond Bar Association; Richmond Criminal Bar Association.
• Former Member, Board of Directors for the Richmond ASAP Program.
• Former President and Current Trustee, Temple Bath Ahabah.
• University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
• College of William and Mary, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information