Hon. Jan L. Brodie (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, local government, real property, condemnation, contracts, trusts and estates, construction, business dissolution, family law including custody/visitation, child/spousal support, and equitable distribution.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Judge, 19th Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia (Fairfax County), 2008-2018.
- Former Deputy County Attorney, Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Member, House Ethics Advisory Panel, Virginia House of Delegates.
- Member, George Mason American Inns of Court.
- Past President, Fairfax Bar Association.
- Former Member, Fairfax Law Foundation Board.
- Former Member, Fairfax County Circuit Court Model Judiciary Program.
- Former Member, Bar Council, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Member, Executive Committee, Virginia State Bar.
- Member, Virginia Women’s Attorneys Association.
- Former Faculty Member and Lecturer, Harry S. Carrico Professionalism Course.
- Faculty Member, National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
- Former Member, Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board.
- Former Member, Supreme Court of Virginia Circuit Court Forms Advisory Committee.
- George Mason University, J. D.
- San Jose State University, M.A.
- College of William and Mary, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information