Hon. Joan Zeldon (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, civil rights, construction, consumer, contracts, employment, environmental, labor union, real property, sports & entertainment, family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation and equitable distribution.
- Senior Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
- Presiding Judge, Civil Division of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 2002-2006.
- Deputy Presiding Judge, Civil Division of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 2001-2002.
- Associate Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1990-2011.
- Conducted hundreds of civil and family law mediations.
- Former Chair, Superior Court Civil Rules Committee.
- Former Chair, Superior Court Civil Rules Subcommittee on E-Discovery.
- Commissioner, Uniform Laws Commission.
- Member, Board of Directors, Counsel for Court Excellence
- Member, Drafting Committees of the Uniform Mediation Act, the Uniform Arbitration Act, and the Uniform Drone Act.
- Board Member, Einstein Institute for Science, Health, and the Courts, and its successor, participating as a faculty member in numerous educational programs involving law and science, including mediation of scientific legal disputes.
- Member, Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
- Fellow, American Bar Association.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Smith College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information