Hon. Joan Zeldon (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal Injury, medical malpractice, family law, discrimination, employment, contracts eminent domain, real estate, landlord and tenant, construction, trusts and estates.
- Presiding Judge, Civil Division of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 2002-2006.
- Deputy Presiding Judge, Civil Division of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 2001-2002.
- Associate Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1990-2011.
- Conducted hundreds of civil and family law mediations.
- Former Chair, Superior Court Civil Rules Committee.
- Former Chair, Superior Court Civil Rules Subcommittee on E-Discovery.
- Commissioner, Uniform Laws Commission.
- Member, Board of Directors, Counsel for Court Excellence
- Member, Drafting Committees of the Uniform Mediation Act and the Uniform Arbitration Act.
- Board Member, Einstein Institute for Science, Health, and the Courts, and its successor, participating as a faculty member in numerous educational programs involving law and science, including mediation of scientific legal disputes.
- Member, Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
- Fellow, American Bar Association.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Smith College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information