Hon. John W. Brown (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, civil rights, construction, defamation, insurance coverage, local government, professional liability, trusts & estates, and family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
- Chief Judge, 1st Judicial Circuit Court of Virginia, City of Chesapeake, 2021-2022. Judge, 2008-2021.
- Private practice including personal injury, family, and commercial matters, 1980-2008.
- Former Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney, City of Chesapeake.
- Former Commissioner in Chancery for Divorce and Equity Matters, Chesapeake Circuit Court.
- Former Commissioner of Accounts, City of Chesapeake, Chesapeake Circuit Court.
- Past President, Chesapeake Bar Association.
- Past President, Chesapeake Rotary Club; Paul Harris Fellow.
- Former Chairman, Chesapeake Board of Directors, TowneBank.
- Former Chairman, Professional Division, City of Chesapeake United Way Campaign.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Virginia Chapter of The Nature Conservancy.
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Former Member, American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- William & Mary Law School, Master of Law and Taxation.
- Methodist University, B.A., Cum Laude.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information