Hon. Martin P. Welch (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, domestic relations, environmental, and governmental issues.
- Chief Judge, Circuit Court for Baltimore City, 2010-2014.
- Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Baltimore City, 1992-2010. Jury Judge, 1999-2001, Court Management Committee, 1995-2006.
- Judge in Charge, Family Division/Juvenile, 1995-2006.
- Former Attorney, Baltimore City Solicitor’s Office, Baltimore City Law Department. Served as Assistant City Solicitor- Contracts Section; Chief Solicitor- Tax, Pensions and Finance Section; and Associate Solicitor/Chief of Corporate Division.
- Former Associate, Walker, Rubin and VanBavel.
- Co-Director, Maryland Judiciary’s New Trial Judge Orientation.
- Trustee, Roland Park County School
- Former Member, Maryland Conference of Circuit Court Judges.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Baltimore City Foundation, Inc.
- Former Member, Governor’s Task Force on Children, Youth and Families’ System Reform. Appointed by the Governor of the State of Maryland.
- Past Chairman, Maryland Judicial Conference, Committee on Juvenile Law.
- Former Adjunct Professor, Department of Political Science, Frostburg State University.
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City.
- Member, Monumental Bar Association.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Frostburg State University, B.S.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information