Hon. Nelson W. Rupp, Jr. (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability; family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution; condemnation, construction, consumer, contracts, defamation, disability, employment, environmental, governmental, insurance coverage, professional liability, real property, sports & entertainment, business dissolution, civil rights, and trust & estates.
• Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland, 1997-2019.
• Associate Judge, District Court for Montgomery County, Maryland, 1993-1997.
• Former Partner and Maryland Litigation Team Leader, Jordan Coyne LLP.
• Former Assistant State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County, Maryland.
• Former Deputy State’s Attorney for St. Mary’s County, Maryland.
• Former Assistant Public Defender for Montgomery County, Maryland.
• Former Senior Assistant State’s Attorney for Montgomery County, Maryland.
• Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice, Washington College of Law, American University, 1998-present.
• Bar Admissions: Maryland, 1974; District of Columbia, 1976.
• Recipient, Award for Legal Excellence in the Advancement of the Rights of the Disadvantaged, Maryland Bar Foundation, 2020.
• Recipient, Recipient, Outstanding Jurist Award, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1994 and 2016.
• Recipient, Community Service Award, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2015.
• Recipient, Leadership in Law Award, The Daily Record, 2006.
• Recipient, Distinguished Service Award, Washington College of Law, American University, 1997.
• Member, Maryland State Bar Association; District of Columbia Bar Association; Montgomery County Bar Association.
• Washington College of Law, American University, J.D.7.
• Denison University, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information