Hon. Patrick L. Woodward (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, business dissolution, civil rights, construction, consumer, contracts, defamation, employment, governmental, insurance coverage, professional liability, real property, guardianship, trusts & estates, family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
• Chief Judge, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 2017-2018.
• Associate Judge, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 2005-2017.
• Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, 6th Judicial Circuit, 1998-2005.
• Associate Judge, District Court of Maryland for Montgomery County, District 6, 1991-1998.
• Former Director, Jackson & Campbell, P.C., Rockville and Washington, DC.
• Recipient, Outstanding Jurist Award, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1997 and 2018.
• Recipient, Beverly Groner Family Law Award, Family and Juvenile Law Section, Maryland State Bar Association, 2018.
• Recipient, Honorary Life Bar Leader Award, Montgomery County Bar Foundation, 2018.
• Recipient, Leadership in Law Award, Daily Record, 2007.
• Past President, Montgomery County Maryland Inn of Court, American Inns of Court.
• Board of Directors, Judicial Institute of Maryland, 1997-2014.
• Member, Legislative Committee, Maryland Judicial Conference, 2010-2017.
• Chair, Judicial Disabilities Commission of Maryland, 2007-2011.
• Past Chair, City of Rockville Board of Appeals.
• Member, Maryland State Bar Association.
• Member, Montgomery County Bar Association.
• Principal Author, Benchbook, “Landlord-Tenant Court: The Basics for the Bench”
• Adjunct Professor of Law, Washington College of Law, American University.
• U.S. Army Reserve, Captain. Honorable Discharge.
• Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D.
• Princeton University, A.B.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information