Hon. Patrick L. Woodward (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, business dissolution, civil rights, consumer, contracts, defamation, employment, governmental, insurance coverage, professional liability, real property, guardianship, trusts & estates, family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
• Chief Judge, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 2017-2018.
• Associate Judge, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 2005-2017.
• Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, 6th Judicial Circuit, 1998-2005.
• Associate Judge, District Court of Maryland for Montgomery County, District 6, 1991-1998.
• Former Director, Jackson & Campbell, P.C., Rockville and Washington, DC.
• Recipient, Outstanding Jurist Award, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1997 and 2018.
• Recipient, Beverly Groner Family Law Award, Family and Juvenile Law Section, Maryland State Bar Association, 2018.
• Recipient, Honorary Life Bar Leader Award, Montgomery County Bar Foundation, 2018.
• Recipient, Leadership in Law Award, Daily Record, 2007.
• Past President, Montgomery County Maryland Inn of Court, American Inns of Court.
• Board of Directors, Judicial Institute of Maryland, 1997-2014.
• Member, Legislative Committee, Maryland Judicial Conference, 2010-2017.
• Chair, Judicial Disabilities Commission of Maryland, 2007-2011.
• Past Chair, City of Rockville Board of Appeals.
• Member, Maryland State Bar Association.
• Member, Montgomery County Bar Association.
• Principal Author, Benchbook, “Landlord-Tenant Court: The Basics for the Bench”
• Adjunct Professor of Law, Washington College of Law, American University.
• U.S. Army Reserve, Captain. Honorable Discharge.
• Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D.
• Princeton University, A.B.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information