Hon. Robert S. Brewbaker, Jr. (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, medical malpractice, domestic relations, contracts, product liability, professional liability, and worker’s compensation.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Judge, 5th Judicial District of Virginia, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court for the cities of Suffolk and Franklin and the counties of Southampton and Isle of Wight, 2006-2017.
• Substitute Judge, 5th Judicial District of Virginia, General District Court, 2003-2006.
• Private practice of law concentrated on personal injury and medical malpractice. Represented both health care providers and patients. Richmond, Norfolk, and Suffolk, 1979-2006.
• Former Associate, McGuireWoods LLP (formerly McGuire, Woods & Battle), Richmond.
• Listed in “The Best Lawyers in America,” 1999-2006.
• Served as the Judge Representative for the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, Virginia Supreme Court’s Special Committee on Discovery in Criminal Proceedings.
• Former Mentor Judge and Faculty, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, Judicial Mentoring Program.
• Former Faculty, Pre-Bench Training for New Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judges.
• Served on the Law Revision Committee of the Virginia Association of District Court Judges.
• Former Member, Board of Trustees, St. Andrews Presbyterian College.
• Former Member, Board of Directors, Western Tidewater Free Clinic.
• University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
• Union Theological Seminary, M. Div.
• St. Andrews Presbyterian College (now St. Andrews University), B.A, with Honors.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information