Hon. Thomas B. Hoover (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Personal injury, product liability, bankruptcy, condemnation, construction, contracts, domestic relations, real estate, trusts and estates.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Judge, 9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia (Counties of New Kent, Charles City, King William, and King & Queen), 1997-2014; Chief Judge 2001-2003 and 2009-2011.
• Judge, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, 9th Judicial District of Virginia (City of Williamsburg; Counties of James City, New Kent, Charles City, King William, and King & Queen), 1993-1997; Chief Judge 1995-1997.
• Commonwealth’s Attorney, New Kent County, 1980-1993.
• Former Commissioner in Chancery, New Kent County.
• Former Partner in Private Law Practice, Henrico County.
• Past Member, Judicial Council, Virginia Bar Association.
• Past Member, Board of Directors, Virginia Association of Commonwealth’s Attorneys.
• Past Member, Virginia Criminal Justice Conference.
• Faculty, New Judge Training, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• University of Richmond, J.D.
• University of Richmond, B.S., Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information