Hon. Barry R. Poretz (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Extensive federal court experience including but not limited to employment, intellectual property, complex business torts, contracts, and personal injury. State court experience including but not limited to medical malpractice and product liability.
- US Magistrate Judge, Eastern District of Virginia, 1992-2008.
- Former Resident Partner, DC and Fairfax offices, Jordan, Coyne, Savits and Lopata.
- Former Partner, Lainof, Cohen, Weinstein and Poretz.
- Former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Former Master, George Mason Inn of Court.
- Former Executive Board Member, Alexandria Bar Association.
- Past Director, Foundation of the Alexandria Bar Association.
- Former Member, Fairfax Bar Association.
- Former Member, District of Columbia Bar Association.
- Federal Bar Association, Northern Virginia Chapter (Judicial Member).
- Federal Magistrate Judges Association.
- Former Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Former Faculty Member, Professionalism Course, Virginia State Bar.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Alexandria Hospital.
- Columbus School of Law, Catholic University, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information