Hon. Jane Marum Roush (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, accounting, business dissolution, condemnation, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, domestic relations, employment, professional liability, real estate, and trusts and estates.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Justice, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2015-2016.
• Judge, Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia (Fairfax County and City of Fairfax), 1993-2015.
• Former Counsel and Associate, Hogan & Hartson LLP (now HoganLovells), McLean and Washington, DC. Practice concentrated on commercial litigation and general commercial law with a focus on lending and real estate transactions.
• Former Associate, Boothe, Prichard & Dudley (now McGuireWoods LLP), Fairfax. Practice emphasized bankruptcy litigation and general business law.
• Member and Patron, Virginia Bar Association. Former Judicial Representative to the Board of Governors.
• Member, Virginia State Bar. Former Judicial Liaison to the Board of Governors of the Real Property Section.
• Member, Fairfax Bar Association. Former Member of the Circuit Court Committee.
• Member, Virginia Women Attorneys Association.
• Former Faculty Member, National Judicial College; American Academy of Judicial Education; Virginia College of Trial Advocacy; Virginia State Bar Course on Professionalism.
• Former Member, Judicial Council of Virginia. Past Chair of the Judicial Administration Committee, and Former Member of the Executive Committee.
• Former Member, Virginia Code Commission.
• Former Member, Benchbook Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia.
• Past Chair, Capital Counsel Qualifications Standards Committee.
• Former Member, Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission.
• Former Lecturer, Trial Advocacy, University of Virginia School of Law.
• Listed as a “Top Lawyer” for Mediation in Washington DC, Washingtonian, 2018.
• University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
• Wellesley College, A.B.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information