Hon. Jane Marum Roush (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, product liability, bankruptcy, accounting, business dissolution, condemnation, construction, contracts, corporate disputes, defamation, disability, employment, professional liability, real property, financial, trusts & estates, and family law including child & spousal support, custody & visitation and equitable distribution.
• Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Certified Appellate Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
• Justice, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2015-2016.
• Judge, Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia (Fairfax County and City of Fairfax), 1993-2015.
• Former Counsel and Associate, Hogan & Hartson LLP (now HoganLovells), McLean and Washington, DC. Practice concentrated on commercial litigation and general commercial law with a focus on lending and real estate transactions.
• Former Associate, Boothe, Prichard & Dudley (now McGuireWoods LLP), Fairfax. Practice emphasized bankruptcy litigation and general business law.
• Vice President, Virginia Law Foundation; Chair of Grants Committee.
• Member and Patron, Virginia Bar Association. Former Judicial Representative to the Board of Governors.
• Member, Virginia State Bar. Former Judicial Liaison to the Board of Governors of the Real Property Section.
• Former Faculty Member, National Judicial College; American Academy of Judicial Education; Virginia College of Trial Advocacy; Virginia State Bar Course on Professionalism.
• Former Member, Judicial Council of Virginia. Past Chair of the Judicial Administration Committee, and Former Member of the Executive Committee.
• Former Member, Virginia Code Commission.
• Former Member, Benchbook Committee, Judicial Conference of Virginia.
• Former Member, Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission.
• Former Lecturer, Trial Advocacy, University of Virginia School of Law.
• Selected as “Legal Elite” in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Virginia Business, 2019 and 2020.
• Listed as a “Top Lawyer” for Mediation in Washington DC, Washingtonian, 2018 and 2020.
• University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
• Wellesley College, A.B.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information