Andrew H. Marks, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Complex commercial disputes, including insurance coverage, business torts, contracts, media law, defamation, professional liability, law partnership disputes, attorney-client disputes, business dissolution, and employment; governmental issues, civil rights, hospitality industry, and real estate disputes; more than 20 years of experience as a mediator and arbitrator in a wide range of commercial litigation matters.
• Law Offices of Andrew Marks, PLLC, Washington, DC, 2013- present.
• Partner, Coffey Burlington, P.L., 2013-present.
• Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, DC, 1986-2013.
• Partner, Shea & Gardner, Washington, DC, 1984-1986.
• Executive Assistant to Ambassador Sol M. Linowitz, President’s Personal Representative to the Middle East Peace Negotiations, 1979-1981.
• Past President, District of Columbia Bar.
• Past President, District of Columbia Bar Foundation.
• Member, District of Columbia Access to Justice Commission.
• Vice President and Treasurer, DC Access to Justice Foundation.
• Board Member, District of Columbia School of Law Foundation.
• Trustee, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs.
• Member, National Board of Governors, American Jewish Committee.
• Panel Member, D.C. Bar Attorney-Client Arbitration Board.
• Recipient, 2005 Servant of Justice Award, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia.
• Recipient, 2005 Judge Learned Hand Award, American Jewish Committee, D.C. Chapter.
• Included in “The Best Lawyers in America” in the areas of commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and First Amendment law.
• Selected as “2015 Arbitration Lawyer of the Year,” The Best Lawyers in America, Miami, FL.
• University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, and Managing Editor of the Michigan Law Review.
• Harvard College, A.B., Cum Laude.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information