Hon. Robert E. Morin (Ret.)
Areas of Experience
Medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, bankruptcy, business dissolution, civil rights, condemnation, construction, consumer, contracts, defamation, employment, environmental, financial, insurance coverage, labor union, local government, professional liability, real property, sports & entertainment, trust & estates, and family law including child/spousal support, custody/visitation, and equitable distribution.
• Chief Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 2016-2020.
• Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1996-2016.
• Former Member, Criminal Justice Act and Family Court Panel Committees; CJA Plan Implementation Committee; Criminal Rules Advisory Committee; Superior Court Rule Committee; IT Committee; Joint Committee on Judicial Administration.
• Former Partner, Fisher, Morin & Hansen.
• Former Trial Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, State of Maryland.
• Former Trial Attorney, Southern Center for Human Rights.
• Former Associate, Furey, Doolen & Abell.
• Former Clinical Supervisor, Criminal Division, D.C. Law Students in Court Program.
• Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 1986 – present.
• Catholic University of America, J. D.
• University of Massachusetts, B.A.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information