John B. McCammon, Esq.
Areas of Experience
Construction and complex commercial disputes.
- Founder and President, The McCammon Group.
- Certified Mediator, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Co-Founder and Former Principal, Wright, Robinson, McCammon, Osthimer & Tatum.
- Former Partner, McGuire Woods LLP.
- Former Adjunct Professor, Negotiation, T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond.
- Recipient, Excellence in Pioneering in ADR Award, Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Voted one of Virginia’s “Leaders in the Law” and selected as the “Leader of the Year,” Virginia Lawyer’s Weekly, 2013.
- Current or former listings in Best Lawyers in America (Virginia, DC and Baltimore). Selected as the Best Lawyers Richmond Alternative Dispute Resolution “Lawyer of the Year,” 2011. Selected as Best Lawyers Richmond Mediation “Lawyer of the Year,” 2014 and 2016. Recognized as a Best Lawyer in Mediation, 2015, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Voted one of Virginia’s top lawyers in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Virginia Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition.
- Selected as one of Washington DC area’s Best Mediators in Washington Post Magazine.
- Listed as “Legal Elite” in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Virginia Business.
- Recognized as one of the Top Attorneys in Virginia, Richmond Magazine, 2013.
- Current or former listings in American Registry as one of Washington, DC and Baltimore’s “Top Attorneys” and as one of Virginia’s “Lawyers of the Year.”
- Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators.
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, American Bar Association.
- Member, 2020 Class of the Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Lawyers Hall of Fame”.
- Former Member, Special Committee to Study Reduction of Costs and Delays in Litigation, Virginia State Bar.
- Lecturer and author on Alternative Dispute Resolution processes and trends, construction and commercial litigation topics for law firms, bar associations, law schools, and business groups.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, Lyndon Baines Johnson School of Public Affairs, Master of Public Affairs.
- Davidson College, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa.
Please contact us to inquire about availability.Request Information